St Joseph Catholic Church Public Mass Guidelines
PUBLIC MASS GUIDELINES – November 24, 2020
SIGN UP INFORMATION
Due to the restrictions placed on El Paso County on Friday, November 27 - we will reinstate the requirement of reservations for Mass. Because of the late notice of the information from El Paso County we will not be taking reservations for the Masses for this upcoming weekend, Sat and Sun, Nov 28th and 29th. However; the numbers will be limited for these Masses.
Beginning the weekend of Dec 5th and 6th you will need a reservation to attend Mass. We will begin taking reservations on Tue Dec 1st for those Masses on Sat and Sun, Dec 5th and 6th. The number that are able to attend has been reduced and will be limited.
You must call the office (719) 632-9903 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a time to attend Mass on the weekend only. When the allotted number has been filled no additional reservations can be taken for that Mass. We will need your name, phone number, which Mass you would like to attend and how many will be attending with you. You will need to contact us every week to schedule the mass you wish to attend.
A general dispensation from the Sunday obligation will remain for at risk groups, those who have symptoms, and anyone who feels safer staying at home. If you are sick or show any symptoms of the virus or have been in contact with someone showing symptoms, please stay home. If you are at high risk, or live with someone who is high risk, please refrain from coming to Mass.
ARRIVAL AND DURING MASS:
· Doors will open 30 minutes prior to every Mass. Please arrive no later than 5 minutes prior to Mass. Enter through the main glass doors off the parking lot. All other exits will be exit only. No one will be allowed to enter the church after Mass has begun and the doors will be locked.
· For the safety of everyone, you are strongly encouraged to sanitize your hands upon entering the building and bring a mask or face covering to be worn at all times that you are in the church building.
· There will be a basket in the center aisle in the back of the church for your donation. Please deposit your donation as you enter the church as it will be taken up at the beginning of Mass. If you are making a donation to a special fund (capital improvement, USCCB second collections, Student Center, etc.) please mark it clearly and deposit it in the basket. Thank you for your support.
· There will be open seating. We ask that you maintain a safe distance between you and the people around you you (front, back and to the side) . Be sure to fill the center of a pew, not just the ends.
· Please keep movement to a minimum during Mass.
· Currently there will be no offertory procession, Sign of Peace or holding hands during the Our Father, no holy water or hymnals.
· Come forward in a communion line to receive the Eucharist. When you approach Fr. Gus or the deacon, please remove your mask to receive communion. You are not required to receive Holy Communion. If you choose NOT to receive Communion, or are unable to do so, please approach with your hands crossed over your chest. Please maintain at least a pew length between you and the person in front of you.
· We ask that as you exit the church, please proceed directly to your vehicle. Do not stop or gather outside.
Donate Online to St Joseph Catholic Church
One can donate online to St Joseph Catholic Church through the Diocese of Colorado Springs using the following link https://4agc.com/donation_pages/6e0254f8-258b-4763-bd1e-0a0ba0dccad8 . (One may have to copy and paste the link in your browser.)
Please make sure you select St Joseph Parish, Colorado Springs from the dropdown list.
Thank you for your donation! It is greatly appreciated.
Thanksgiving Day Mass
There will be a Mass on Thanksgiving Day on Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 9AM.
Prayer Against Coronavirus
Lord Jesus Christ, our Divine Physician, we ask you to guard and protect us from Coronavirus COVID-19 and all serious illness.
For all that have died from it, have mercy; for those that are ill now, bring healing.
For those searching for a remedy, enlighten them; for medical caregivers helping the sick, strengthen and shield them.
For those working to contain the spread, grant them success; for those afraid, grant peace.
May your precious blood be our defense and salvation.
By your grace, may you turn the evil of disease into moments of consolation and hope.
May we always fear the contagion of sin more than any illness.
We abandon ourselves to your infinite mercy.
-Pedro de la Cruz
Saturday: 4 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM
Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 9:00 AM; Wednesday 5:30 PM
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Confessions will be held on Saturdays from 3-3:30 PM (or by appointment).
Adoration has been reinstated. It is during office hours on Tuesdays only: 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM - by scheduled appointment only. Please call the office to be placed on the schedule.